The first appearance of the "Bristfit" over the front ended in disaster when
4 were shot down out of a flight of 6 by Jasta 11. The reason was the pilots
had not learned to fly them as fighters instead of observation planes. When they did learn in the middle of 1917, the fighter began to replace the then -staged S.E.5. It did not take long for the stories about the F.2b's fighting ability to get around. The Germans later showed greater respect when they engaged this aircraft in combat.
Our kit ( DPCM 115) is an authentic reproduction of this historic aircraft.
Designed for Rubber Powered flight for either indoors or out. Kit has been
updated in 2022.
* 20.25" wingspan
* Box and Former Fuselage Construction
* 2 - 11 x 17 CAD Drawn Detailed Plan Sheets
* 132 Laser Cut Parts
* Parts ID Sheet
* Laser Cut balsa Cowling
* Laser Cut Balsa Wheel Cores
* Laser Cut Stiff Card Details
* Inkjet Generated Markings Sheet
* Prop Pattern furnished on Plan
( Builder provides all balsa sticks, power and covering material )